Monday, November 19, 2018

Snow Mountain Ranch 1

Monday, July 2

After a slow morning with breakfast at the hotel, we wander around town a while, then head West to Snow Mountain Ranch, our destination for the week.

I find that the little Subaru that I'm driving has the kind of cruise control that provides lane assistance and distance following. I couldn't figure it out for a while. I found that as I was driving the steering wheel would start to move every once in a while. I finally realized what was going on with Anna's help (she's riding with me and the rest of the crew is with Slade). I am fascinated by the artificial intelligence. I may have to get me one.




We all meet at Berthoud Pass on the way to SMR for a few pictures.

Anna and I arrived before the rest of the group (who stopped for lunch) at SMR, we checked in and unloaded the stuff we have with.  We have a 3 bedroom, 2 bath cabin (Tippercanoe) here at Snow Mountain Ranch. We have a view looking at the Continental Divide and Indian Peaks. Stunning.

We decided that, instead of just waiting around, we would take a hike. We had a beautiful hour+ hike to the waterfalls here at SMR.









Kent Myer and his granddaughter came over to spend some time this evening.

Kent was Slade's first Camp Director at a small YMCA camp in Western North Carolina when Slade was 12 or 13 years old. From there, Kent became the Camp Director at Camp Chief Ouray here at Snow Mountain Ranch. Slade came here to Camp Chief Ouray for 2 years when he was 15 and 16.

Kent eventually became the Director of all of Snow Mountain Ranch, and then became the CEO of YMCA of the Rockies, which include both Snow Mountain Ranch and Estes Park. We have maintained our friendship through our Air Force assignments, many visits by us throughout the years, and a love of the outdoors.


No comments:

Post a Comment