Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Anna off to NC State

August 15 - 17

Anna invited us to Raleigh to help celebrate her "last supper" at home before heading off to NC State University.  So Thursday, we traveled to Cary and we all enjoyed a nice evening dining out at Anna's restaurant of choice - a Bar-b-que restaurant in Apex.

Before the luncheon, we visited Anna's room in Owen Hall.  I kept thinking that I had my first room in Owen and after thinking it through, I am confident that my first dorm room was Room 240 in Owen.  Anna's first room is just down the hall in room 262.

Room 262, Owen Hall



Saturday, we all attended the Legacy Luncheon in Reynolds Coliseum.  This luncheon celebrates the families with multi-generation students at the University.

Anna is in the Exploratory Studies Program in her first year to help her in selecting a major.
Class of 2023




I was honored to pin Anna's Legacy pin on


Three Generations of NC State University.

Anna is the third generation of Inscoe's to attend NCSU.  Me, Slade, Candace and now Anna.  It is very hard to put that in perspective.  Never would I have dreamed that when I left Nashville an 18 year old and went down the "Raleigh Road" that almost 60 years later I would have a granddaughter following in my footsteps.

It was great to sit on the court of the famous coliseum and meet some of the other "legacy" families.

After lunch, Anna showed us around campus a little before we headed back to Beaufort.

A truly extraordinary and memorable day.


No comments:

Post a Comment