Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Anna and Taylor invade Beaufort - Day 7 & 8

Day 7

Mon, June 17

I think we need a day to rest.  And that's what Monday is.  No sailing, no boating, no kayaking - just chillin'.  Madeline spent most of the day with us and we had fun.

Mimi and the girls
Papa and the girls
Anna, Papa and Mimi
Taylor and our little princess, Madeline
The little princess

The BAD LOOKING Muffins!

While we had Madeline, Taylor, Anna and Madeline decided to have a tea party With the new Easy Bake Oven that Madeline got. They made the cookies and were about to have the tea party when they realized that the cookies weren't right.    I wasn't in the room at the time, they just told me the story. 

When I came in I was offered "a delicious cookie" that had just been made.  Ugh!  Unfortunately, I had to swallow it because Madeline was standing right there looking at me. She was the one who told me to eat it, so I couldn't throw it away right in front of her.  So I pretended to eat it, and it disappeared!

Since the cookies ended up bad, they decided to make muffins instead. Well, someone (no one admits to it) forgot to turn on the oven timer. So they ended up burnt, and hard as a rock. Really!  Taylor banged one against the picnic table and it was nowhere close to breaking. As you can tell by the picture they were very very, very, very, very overdone (burned to a crisp). 

Day 8

Tues, Jun 18

Happy Birthday Me!  69 and counting.  This has been a great week to have a birthday.  Having Anna and Taylor has reminded me what it takes to stay young - have young people around to keep you active.  And we've really been active.

The Lantz's (or at least part of them) arrived this morning after an all night drive from Ohio.  On this trip, Wendell, Dawn, Autumn, Dylan, and Dylan's girlfriend, Emily.  So we've got another week of fun and adventure starting.

I was awakened and rewarded this morning by a rousing round of Happy Birthday, with birthday balloons floating around the kitchen and attached to my Fiber One cereal.  Later I found one floating in the toilet, thanks to our little prankster Taylor.

This afternoon, Taylor, Anna and I took a nice kayak trip on Taylors Creek. We got to try out my new WATERPROOF camera. Let me tell ya. It works great, now I don't have to worry about my camera getting wet and being ruined. Yeah!!
The girls had to slow down for the No Wake Zone.

Taylor carries a kayak to the creek

The Birthday Boy!

The girls working their way up-tide

The beauties of Taylor Creek

RRRRRAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWRRRRRR!!!! From- Anna 

Tonight the Lantz's had dinner with us and I was once again reminded of my age.

Clara and Taylor making supper

I'm trying to protect myself from the intense heat created by all the candles on the cake!!!
Unfortunately, this is Taylor's last day with us.  We have thoroughly enjoyed having her visit this week - and hope that we can become honorary Grandparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment